Al-Ghad International Colleges for Applied Medical Sciences – represented in its management and cadres –believe in the role of students of both genders in determining and realizing the Colleges’ educational policies. The Colleges seek students’ views on the educational process and student needs. The Colleges believe in the significance of open and constructive exchange of views to promote understanding. The Colleges also believe in directing the creative energy of both male and female students. At Al-Ghad International College for Applied Medical Sciences in Tabuk, a separate Student Advisory Council is formed for each Program. It is chaired by the Head of the relevant program and its Secretary shall be from among the members of the Student Advisory Council. It shall consist of male and female members who wish to join the Student Advisory Council’s membership. Accordingly, a Student Advisory Council shall be formed and headed by the College Dean and shall consist of the Assistant Dean, acting as Vice-Chairman of the Student Advisory Council, a Secretary from among the faculty members and the membership of all students in the Student Advisory Councils for the College’s programs.
The Student Advisory Council aspires to strengthen and enhance communication between male/female students and faculty members on the one hand and between students and the College deanship on the other hand. The creation of this communication channel benefits the College’s learning outcomes, adjusts its curriculum and provides students with the opportunity to enrich their experience. This vision realizes the desired elements of quality and development across all the College’s programs.
Create a channel of communication between the College and its male/female students to ensure the smooth functioning of academic, educational and service processes across the College.
Understand male/female students’ points of view regarding academic activities, extracurricular activities, and services offered to them at the College.
Offer advice and counseling to the College Dean on areas of interest to students of both genders.
Cooperate to create an ideal College environment to acquire knowledge, noble ideals and ethics; to become acquainted with each other and realize harmony among faculty members, personnel and students.
Link male/female students to the College and its activities.
Provide clarification to male/female students regarding the significance of processes which might seem ambiguous to them.
Duties and responsibilities:
Express an opinion on the curriculum.
Express an opinion on the services provided by the College, their efficiency and propose evolutionary steps.
Convey the views of other students on the College environment and educational process.
Action plan and Schedule:
1. Introduce new members.
2. Present the concept and objectives of the Student Advisory Council.
3. Indicate the implemented recommendations of the previous session.
4. Discuss the students’ proposals for the following departments:
● The Nursing Dept.
● The Emergency Medicine Dept.
● The Preparatory Year Dept.
5. Any emerging topics.
According to the Regulation, the Student Advisory Council shall meet every academic semester to realize the following objectives:
1. Create a channel of communication between the College and its students to ensure the smooth functioning of academic, educational and service processes across the College.
2. Understand students’ points of view regarding academic activities, extracurricular activities, and services offered to them at the College.
3. Offer advice and counseling to the College Management on areas of interest to students.
4. Cooperate to create an ideal College environment to acquire knowledge, noble ideals and ethics.
5. Link students to the College and its activities.
Session No. (7) for the Academic Year (1440/1441 AH) First Semester
During the Second Semester
Session No. (8) for the Academic Year (1440/1441 AH) Second Semester